- Hidden truths – What you need to know before buying LED headlights. Updates for 2019
- Add Capacitors or Not to Add Capacitors?
- What is a CANbus CPU and Do I Need a CANbus Certified HID Kit?
- THE VAULT: Will My HID or LED Headlights Blind Other Drivers?
- THE VAULT: How do I find the right bulbs for my car?
THE VAULT: Will My HID or LED Headlights Blind Other Drivers?
Are my HID or LED headlights going to blind other drivers?
If your car has projector housings, this isn’t something you need to worry about. Projector housings work well with aftermarket lighting because the housings come with rungs that cut off glare and focus illumination forward in straight, clean beams.
As reflector housings are designed for 55w halogens and their lower output, adding more light may cause a slightly more glare-y effect. This is due to the stronger light bouncing off reflector housings’ curved mirrors and scattering in more directions. However, we have no intention of casting reflector housings in a bad light (pun absolutely intended). Our OPT7 Customer Support Team – yup, we actually use real people and not automated messages for that – has recorded very few incidents of anyone reporting a glare problem. And we’ve been around for quite a while.
The Vault is our collection of insider info for anyone who loves upgrading their ride. Whether you’re a vet or just getting into it, this series is for you to learn contribute info to. Join the discussion.